Entrance Procedures at Ílhavo (Port of Aveiro)
Vessels that should communicate with VTS Aveiro C/S “VTS Aveiro Pilots Station” on Channel 74 when at 06 miles from the entrance of the port, or as soon as having contact by phone or VHF:
- All vessels of 300 GT or over;
- When with commercial transportation of 12 or more passengers;
- When licenced as touristic maritime operators;
- When with 15 meter or more long (comprimento fora a fora igual ou superior a quinze
- When, regardless of size, in emergency situation on the port entrance or at Ria de Aveiro channels;
- All vessels considered of high speed (EAV).
The VTS Aveiro will then fix with the Captain of the Ship the best time to enter the Port, the best side to moore, need of tugs, and will ask for line handlers and all that turns necessary to the entrance and berthing.